Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Whimsical Sketch Challenge

I don't do the Sketch Challenges at SCS that often even though I always intend to. I find that I generally stick to a few sketches that I use all the time so sometimes it's good for me to break out of a rut and try something different. Here's my take on SC156.

I love Garden Whimsy but have a difficult time getting it to work for me all the time. I will not let it conquer me so I think I'm going to have to play with it a little more :-) The card base is Black Textured cardstock and the patterned paper is Soft Sky Prints paper. I traced a dvd on Whisper White to get my circle and then stamped the butterflies in Soft Sky which was rock and rolled in Blue Bayou. The saying is stamped in Blue Bayou. The ladybugs are Purely Pomegranate and I went over the antenna with a Basic Black marker--I didn't reink between stampings since my Purely Pomegranate inkpad is super juicy and the third ladybug doesn't even look that pale to me :-). I used a sponge dauber to sponge on some Blue Bayou on the edges of the circle. It was still missing something so I added a few Fire and Ice Circle Rhinestone brads and then mounted the partial circle on dimensionals. This was a hard sketch for me but I guess that's why they call it a challenge.

I have to go pick up my oldest since he spent Christmas at his dad's but I think I'm going to try something else with this later on this evening.

Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. I love how you used the sketch. When I first looked at it I thought it was one piece of white that was inked. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a Dream. Love this Sketch and the Card is brilliant.
    Great work.

    Hugs
    Sister
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great card, it's so soft & whimical looking with the colors & set you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. I am glad you said you have had trouble with this set. I thought it was just me. This is wonderful though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you put it all together! Great stamp set for the layout! The colors are amazing..so soft with a pop of pomegranate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the soft colours you have used and the rhinestone brads are a great finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the circular feel to it. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute card! Love the colors and the way you incorporated the circle along with the circular greeting...it works really well. I've been wanting this set since it first came out...hope to get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this card is so pretty and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin