Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Holiday Bella Birthday


Believe it or not, I own no Bella stamps. I've had several in my cart for quite some time and went and updated the other day after the party Friday night and the new additions. I just can't quite hit submit at this time. I think they're really cute but do I *need* them? I swapped images with another stamper to get some Bellas and was also RAK'ed some from a blogging buddy. I think this will tide me over for now. I'm working on coloring some of them and we'll see if I really, truly *need* them or if I can hold out for a little longer.

This is a birthday card for my Secret Sis at SCS. She says that she doesn't normally use Bold Brights and since her birthday is in December, I went with Christmasy colors. The card base is Green Galore. I ran a piece of Real Red through my Cuttlebug with the Happy Birthday embossing folder. I really want to use it more but it seems like unless I use a tiny image, I can't get both Happy and Birthday to show at one time. This piece is popped up on dimensionals. The Bella is colored in with Copics and Copic Spica Glitter pens. She's also popped up on dimensionals. I tied some Pink (Pretty in Pink?) grosgrain around it and knotted it and then added Apple Green and White Grosgrain as well. I think it turned out cute :-)

Speaking of Copics, I buy mine individually at Dick Blick since there's one in Berkeley. I get a 10% discount which is nice. Well, I actually went and bought a duplicate the other day since I buy them individually and in no particular order :-) Oh well, guess I just had to go back to Dick Blick today to exchange it and pick up a couple others. I wrote down what I have in a little notebook I keep in my purse and think I'm gonna make a little sheet that I can email to myself so it's on my Blackberry and I can check it out when I go shopping again.

Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. I haven't taken the bella plunge yet either....let me know how it goes! I do love that green! It looks fabulous the pink & red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the cuttle bug embossing. I was thinking of getting some more Bellas today with the free shipping, but I just don't know??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very pretty. I have lots of Bella stamps and very little time to use them and yet I keep ordering the new Bellas. :) I think your very smart not to buy them if you can have your friends stamp the images for you.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great bright & cheerful card, I bet she'll LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute. I like the way you were able to keep it simple to show off the embossing with the birthday folder. I have two bellas I just them for many of the girlie cards I make, but it takes a certain woman to send a bella to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card ,just love your bella stamp ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, I love the bella and the embossed panel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that Bella stamp is so cute! Love the color scheme you went with! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is super cute...I know she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute birthday card. I only own 2 bella's but I havent used them much. How lucky is that secret sis of yours

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is adorable Kathy!
    malieta:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is fabulous. Love this background. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't own any bellas yet either - but my Christmas list was very long b/c I have many, many bellas on it. I am forcing myself to wait until after Christmas to see what I get before I order.
    Love the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I love this! I have received a few bella's from the SCS wish group, and now I have some inspiration to bust them out and play w/them! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I love the Bellas! :) What an adorable card! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin