Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Playing with Grungeboard

So, I made this the other night while dh was at his basketball game. It's a little different for me but I like it.

The cardbase is PapertreyINK . I used Cut 'n Dry foam pads to sponge on a variety of Distress inks. I started out sponging on Antique Linen and Tattered Rose and then added some Fired Brick. I set it aside to dry since the Distress inks are really wet and juicy. I then took my Grungeboard skull and sponged on Black Soot. I popped the eyes out and then embossed the skull with Crystal Clear embossing powder. I attached it to the card front and then filled in the eyeholes with Crystal Effects. I put Crystal Effects on the eyes and set them aside. I took a piece of Kraft cardstock and crumpled it up and then sponged on Fired Brick Distress ink. I distressed the edges and edged them with Black Soot. I used my Cutter Bugz to pierce holes around this piece and in the top corner of the card and faux stitched it first with a Black Copic Spica glitter pen and then with a Black Glaze pen when I decided the glitter pen wasn't dark enough. I stamped the sentiment from MissyB Designs on this piece and added 3 clear Making Memories rhinestones brads. They were a little too sparkly so I sponged on some Black Soot to dirty them up a little. I took the sponged and randomly rubbed it on some parts of the card base as well to add some black highlights and then added the eyeballs as accents on the side.

I like the way this turned out and can't wait to play some more with my Grungeboard, especially since I picked up some Crackle paint and Distress embossing powder earlier today :-)

Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, love the colours of the background. This is the type of card my son would love its fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER dude!! This is awesome!! :) Gotta get my hands on that stuff!! Longer Christmas list I guess...*sigh* TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! Totally different and that's what I love about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow great work.....

    You have been TAGGED.....please tell us 7 interesting things about yourself and tag 7 more bloggers.

    Have fun, Bela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is absolutely stunning. Really fabulous work. Love it.

    Hugs
    Sister Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWza phenomenal card that's totally unique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That is amazing! I know my LSS got some in, and I have to hurry down there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so funky. I have some grungeboard to play with too - looking forward to it. Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a boy card if I have ever seen one. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *swoons*

    This card SO rocks!

    My sister is ALL about pirates and would LOVE to get a card like this!

    I'm gonna have to find me some pirate grungeboard!

    ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin