Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another FS47 Card

We took down the Christmas trees today and I had a little free time to stamp so I decided to do another Featured Stamper Challenge. I'm so glad that Danielle was the Featured Stamper because it definitely gave me a new gallery to look at. Her stuff is awesome.

Here's the card I CASED. I kept the layout but changed up the colors and image. I also didn't have room for ribbon and used eyelets instead of brads. My cardbase is River Rock and I cut 1/2 inch off the front of the card so you can see the inner edge. I wheeled the So Swirly wheel in River Rock on the inside edge of the card. I rounded the corners with the small corner rounder. I paper pierced and scalloped the edge of a piece of Loves Me Designer paper and attached that to a piece of Pixie Pink paper and then adhered it to the card front. I got the idea to use Pixie Pink with River Rock from the famous JanTink. The focal image is an American Art Stamp design called With Flower and designed by Karen Stolper. I stamped it on Whisper White with Versafine Onyx Black and then colored it in with a Blender Pen and Pixie Pink and Pink Passion inks. Then I went over a few areas with my Melon, Black, and Pink Copic Spica Glitter pens. This is matted on Pixie Pink and then River Rock. The River Rock layer is sponged with Close to Cocoa and pierced around the edges. The eyelets are from the old small flowers collection that is retired.

I'm so glad that I have one more week off so I'm sure that you'll see more stamping coming from me.

Here's a little update on the new dog. I think we've decided we're going to keep her. She's so little that she's really not in the way and the kids (and I) want to keep her around. Dh doesn't mind so now we have 3 dogs: Shango, Isis, and Josie aka Josephine Bruin :-) I do have to make some time this week to take her in and get her spayed and shots updated. I have no idea how old she is but hopefully the vet will have some idea.

Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. This card is fantastic!!! Love the scalloped edges too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you kept the little dog. I bet she is happy too. YOu have really been busy making Cards. The all look so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card - I just love the colors you used.

    Michelle
    blog.michellescrapbooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Something about those stick people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so fantastic. Love it.

    Hugs
    Sister Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin