Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Me, cook?

I made this card for my dh the other night :-) He does 99% of the cooking in our house and when I saw this sentiment, I knew I had to get it. The image and sentiment are both by River City Rubberworks. I discovered the site through SCS one night while browsing a thread about "edgy" sayings. They definitely have some great sayings that match my sense of humor and I'll have to break them out more often.

The card base is Old Olive and the patterned paper is from the Phoebe collection by BasicGrey. I love the colors of this particular paper and it has a funky/retro vibe that I thught would match the stamp I used.I stamped the lady and saying on Whisper White with Pallette Hybrid Noir ink and then again on a piece of patterned paper. I paper pieced her dress and this is actually a really great way to get a lot of wow for not too much work. She's colored in with Copics. I also used my Sakura Black Glaze pen and Clear Stardust pen to highlight a few areas. The sentiment is punched out with my key tag punch. Both the sentiment and image are lightly sponged with Cool Caribbean ink. I punched out 3 small (not sure what size) circles from Cool Caribbean cardstock and attached black brads from the Vintage brad collect and then attached them to the card. The sentiment is popped up on dimensionals.

I don't normally do vintage type stuff but I just love this image!

Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. *lol* your outfit in your avatar matches the one on the card...I LOVE to cook. If I didn't, I probably would never eat anything good or spend way too much $ on eating out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I'm part of the SBS3 group and looking forward to seeing more great stuff on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy- Just wanted to stop by and say Hi. I just joined SBS3 too. I look froward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, I joined the SBS3 also. Stopping by to say hello! Nice blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great stamp set! I just joined SBS3! Excited to see more of your creations!
    http://zanynotcrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. I have that saying and it's sooo me. I cook macaroni, that's about it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card Kathy and I got a good chuckle from it!
    malieta:)
    p.s. I need to make a card like that and tape it to the kitchen walls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love this card! You are AMAZING girl!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin