Pages

Friday, December 28, 2007

Limited Supplies Challenge

Wow, I've had a really productive stamping day. I actually got 5 cards done today :-) We ran a few errands today and I picked up the Winter Take Ten and every time I look at it, I resolve to submit some entries. Today, I actually decided to put my money where my mouth is so to speak and got some cards done that I'm going to label and mail off for consideration. Wish me luck! One of my goals is to get published this year so we'll see what happens. I know I don't do the most intricate or detailed oriented work but I do think that I do a pretty darn good job some of the times.

I had a little time to try the Limited Supplies Challenge over at SCS today and this is what I came up with. The guidelines were as follows:

Stamps:
one stamped image that can be colored
optional: sentiment
optional: an image to ground the main image like an oval, grass, etc

Paper:
any shade of white
2-3 patterns of designer paper
NO other colored cardstock


Tools:
no specialty tools
any coloring tools
sponges ok

Embellishments:
One piece of ribbon

This was a piece of cake for this simple stamper :-)

I started out with a PapertreyINK white card and adhered a couple of piece of BasicGrey Infuse paper to that. The ribbon is from the Theater Ribbon Originals. I stamped Rubber Romance Bunny on Whisper White with Pallette Hybrid Noir and colored her in with Copic Markers and a black Copic Spica Glitter Pen. I also went over the coffee cup with a clear Sakura Glaze pen to make it shiny like a coffee cup. I sponged the edges of this piece and the card base with Creamy Caramel. I decided not to go with a sentiment for now but may add one at some point.

Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this stamp is great. Wonderful Card from you. Love it.

    I wish you a Happy new Year.

    Hugs
    Sister Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image!
    Good luck with the cards! You do amazing cards so I am sure you will get some published!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. That is totally me in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin