Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Elegant Inspirations

I'm really enjoying my Winter Break and the chance to stamp!!!!! I did today's Inspiration Challenge over at SCS. This is my first inspiration challenge--I usually follow the challenges but don't get to do them because work gets in the way of stamping time :-) The inspiration for this piece is a gorgeous dress that I'd love to own when I lose a little more weight.

I don't normally do elegant cards but I really, really like how this one turned out. You can't see but the cardbase is River Rock. I embossed a piece of Brushed Gold cardstock in my Cuttlebug with the Textile Embossing folder. I stamped some flourishes from one of my Autumn Leaves clear dollar sets (I think) on Bravo Burgundy in Brilliance Galaxy Gold. Then, I attached these 2 pieces to the front of the card and cut a slit in the side for ribbon. I used a piece of wide organdy ribbon that is long retired and I'm not sure what color it was--maybe Cranberry?--and a tiny piece of narrow gold organdy . The sentiment is from All Holidays and I admit, I bought the set just for this one stamp and sadly, this is the first time I've inked it up. I first inked it up with Bravo Burgundy and stamped it on Very Vanilla but it wasn't quite what I wanted so without cleaning it off, I reinked with Brilliance Galaxy Gold and then stamped it on Very Vanilla and loved it! I punched this out with my Mega Circle punch and then matted it on Bravo Burgundy which was punched out with my Giga Scalloped Circle punch. I dotted each of the scallops with Gold Liquid Pearls and then mounted this to the card front with dimensionals. I love how elegant this turned out and think I'm going to go into my stamp room and play a little more.

Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. I love the way it turned out when you used the two different inks together....and the liquid pearls really set everything off. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! Vintage-y and just plain cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The detail are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your blog is so cool and I like the unique layout.

    That's a gorgeous card. I am bookmarking your blog and I will be back! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The brushed gold cardstock is amazing embossed! I never would have thought of that. It reminds me of the embossed wallpaper you see in Victorian houses! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really pretty. At first I thought, wow a simple card. They I saw all the details. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful card! I really am regretting selling my cuttlebug now!
    Very nice blog, love your banner! I will be back... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is gorgeous. Love the CBed gold cs and the liquid pearls are such a great touch!

    -Jami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow this is absolutely elegant. Love it.

    Hugs
    Sister Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin