Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm on a roll

Here's my take on the Featured Stamper for Sunday. This card is totally up my alley and I love what what I did with this one. Here's the card I CASED. I changed up the colors and stamp sets but kept everything else the same.

Here are my details. The cardbase is Certainly Celery. I used a piece of Old Olive Prints paper and matted it on Old Olive. I didn't want to use Real Red Grosgrain so I colored a piece of Whisper White (?) Tafetta ribbon with one of my Copic markers to make it red.

The sentiment is from Wonderful Favorites and is stamped on Very Vanilla with Versafine Onyx Black because I wanted a really crisp and dark black ink. I matted this on Real Red and used my perfect layers and a craft knife to get a 1/16 inch border around it. This is my favorite matting border and mine is getting a little raggedy since I've let others use it and SU doesn't sell it anymore and I'm stressing about where I'll replace it when I can't use it anymore.

The flower is from PapertreyINK's Beautiful Blooms. I stamped this with Real Red on Very Vanilla. I don't know why some people say you can't use SU Classic inks with acrylic stamps since I've never had a problem with PapertreyINK and SU Classic ink. I guess that's why Nichole is a genius! I punched out another piece of Old Olive DSP and attached it to one of my Build a Brads to put in the center of the flower and then attached it with a glue dot.

I'm so gonna copy this layout again! Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I love love love love the colours of your card!!! eeeeeeeek!!!! It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty. I love the colors you used and the overall design is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful favorites..........where is that set from?? I think I might have to have that set.......LOL Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is another great card from you. Lovely and fantastic paper.

    Hugs
    Sister Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I like the simple design. It is just a pretty graphic card. I am going to have to go check out that gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this would have to be my favorite of all cards I've seen this evening- LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally stunning. I really love those color's together.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin