Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Crazy Changito

This is one of the stamps that I got from Eclectic Paperie's Stampendous Coterie. I actually spent an afternoon stamping and coloring in the images with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol so I'd have some stuff ready to make into cards. I love this little monkey--he's so cute and sassy! This card did not end up like I thought it would initially. I actually pried the monkey off my original card base and then matted it on the Pretty in Pink layer. I rounded those edges and punched holes in the corners to tie some Black Gingham ribbon through. I attached this to the a Whisper White Textured cardbase with a Pretty in Pink brad and then popped up the image on dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment which also came in the Stampendous Coterie in Versafine Onyx Black on the bottom and tah-dah! I'm done!!!! This is my take on a clean and simple card and I actually like how it turned out much better than what I originally planned. I think I'm going to do something similar with some of the other images since they're all relatively small.

In other news, we still haven't found "Josie's" owners yet. I've had some people express interest in her if the owners don't turn up so I'll give it a few more days. She is cute and pretty sweet but she's definitely much more dominant than my other dogs--it's funny to watch her snap and snarl at my other dogs (a pit bull mix and rottweiler mix) since they just seem somewhat amused by her. They do back down when snaps and it's kind of funny to see.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. He IS cute & sassy! Such a simple & elegant layout to really show him off too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey the monkey is funny. Lovely Card. Fantastic work.

    Hugs
    Sister Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is super cute. It is so nice of you to watch over Josie. You saved that sweet little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOH this is so cute ,love it ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute! I have yet to break down and buy this monkey!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This monkey is too cute! Like the way you made the image look like a hanging portrait.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin