Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Look what just ran in my house!!!!

OMG!!!! My doorbell rang and it was someone from the neighborhood wondering if this little guy was mine since he was shivering near my front door. Definitely not my dog but it bolted in the house and was so terrified. I've got him cornered away in a hallway right now but my dogs are going crazy right now. . .they're friendly but they're big and this little guy has been shaking every time they bark.

Dh and the boys went to the barbershop and grocery store. Dd is taking a nap. AND we've got people coming over in an hour and a half for the UCLA-BYU Las Vegas Bowl game. . . ACK!!!!!

I don't want to call Animal Control because what if nobody claims him and he gets put to sleep? But I can't keep him because I've already got 2 dogs. Guess it's time to make some signs and go around the neighborhood to see if he belongs to anyone.

Crap--what would you do? Call Animal Control or keep him for a couple days? I'd hate for the family that has him to have kids who might be distraught that their dog is gone at Christmas time.

ooopsie--just discovered that *he* is a she since she finally let me pick her up.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. Now this is a very hard decision Kathy! From the looks of it, she has to be lost. *sigh*
    On to a happier note, Happy Holiday Wishes to you and your family Kathy.
    malieta:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the "White Christmas dog"!

    Look at that little face! I'd keep him for a few days. Surely he can't be that far away from home; you might see some signs up soons.

    Then call the animal shelter and see if anyone is looking for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call the Humane Society NOT animal control or the pound. He looks like he's healthy but lost. the pound will only keep him 3 days. HS will see he is a keeper and adoptable if no one claims him. I am sure they have a hotline number. its not like he's dangerous. I would take him if I were closer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a face. I hope you find his home soon. He is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would either keep her to find an owner or a new home or call a NO KILL SHELTER. ;) I'm a bleeding heart, I'd probably name her and keep her. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is always hard! we have our two cats because of similar situations and couldn't bear to not keep them! but I think she may be someone's dog so taking pictures & posting a found dog poster could help find the family who misses her! what timing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would keep her for a few days, just look at that sweet face!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that... White Christmas Dog. She looks so adorable. Tough decision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. first, call the newspaper and let them know you found her. Second...if you don't find the owner, let me know. I will do the four hour drive and come and pick her up. I also have two dogs and one is a Chahuahua. Some of what you think is nervousness is she is cold. They have very thin coats and get cold easily. Give her a quiet place to recoup. They love to sit next to you in a chair to stay warm. I am sure she is afraid poor baby.....I am serious....if you do not find the owner, please call me. (559) 583-6428. It would take me about four or five hours to drive to San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We found one just like her but she was starving had been out for awhile. I would see if maybe there are signs up or put signs up. cal the shelter and see if some reported one missing. then go from there.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe put some signs up, go to www.pets911.com and put up an ad to see if anyone claims her. Good luck, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have a hard time calling animal control. She is so cute. Hope you find her home. Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi: She looks like my dog but mine is a male. She is defenitely a Chihuahua. I would keep her and find her a home if you can. Are there pet adoption agencies near you? They actually get foster pet caregivers and the pet's photo is put onto the net and they are given a temporary home. I have it in my city, have you heard of such a thing there?
    Good luck and you are so kind to think of the little doggie...take a look at mine on my blog.
    Bela
    belascreatingplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwwwe just look at the sweet adorable faces. Made for snuggles! Hope someone claims her quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah she's such a cutie. Did you manage to find out where she had come from? Hope you had a good Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my!! Talk about pulling heart strings!! I would've had to keep the poor thing! I hate to see my own dog shiver!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin