Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2007

An Oldie but Goodie




I found this going through my stash of cards the other day. I probably made this card more than a year ago. I was trying to use Blush Blossom since it's a color I rarely use. I got the other colors from the color wheel and they are Close to Cocoa and Night of Navy. I stamped the Canvas background stamp on the card base in Blush Blossom and then overstamped it with French Script in Close to Cocoa. This might have been one of the two times that I ever used that background stamp before I traded it away--like it but I never found that I *needed* to use it. I stamped the flowers from Petal Prints in Night of Navy on Confetti White and then matted them on Night of Navy. I stamped the sentiment from Sincere Salutations with Night of Navy on Confetti White and overstamped the leafy image from Petal Prints with Close to Cocoa that was stamped off a couple times and then dtp'ed it with the Night of Navy ink pad before matting it on Night of Navy. I scored the top of the card about a half inch from the very top and then inserted 3 vintage brads. Looking back, I actually like this card and think it's a pretty unusual color combo for this particular set.

Like my new watermark? I got it from Dina over at http://mamadinis.blogspot.com I think it's pretty cool and she's very quick and it's reasonably priced. I have to play around with it a little more to work on resizing it and moving it but just wanted to get this up quickly before I hit the hay. The plan is for us to leave super early--like 3 am--so I need to finish packing and get in bed!

Thanks for coming and I won't be home again until late Sunday so have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Kat...I find in life you cannot please everyone...and there is always someone that will find fault in you....let it pass and continue. I enjoy seeing all these guys you come up with...I didn't see this Tuesday's because .... for some reason I didn't get it....and I think the one pic she was offended by was the one with the Vodka bottle..hey it doesn't bother me but she may be a very religious person you don't know...

    Continue as you have but be careful not to put ones like that on....I guess!

    Love your choice in men to!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin