Pages

Monday, May 21, 2007

Can you believe this?

So, it's costing me an arm and a leg to fill up my car these days. I haven't been driving our Tahoe lately because it's having some transmission problems but the car I am driving takes premium gas. At this rate, it's gonna hit $4/gallon before I know it!

I took this pic yesterday while participating in the Bay To Breakers. Dh, the little ones, and I were among the roughly 70,000 participants in this. We were literally in a sea of people the whole way. It was fun and definitely a San Francisco experience that we're glad we did but don't know if we'll do it again in the future. Anyway, Simone mentioned a few weeks ago that gas in Chicago is astronomical. Now, I feel for her because I live in one of the most expensive areas in the country and our gas prices top the State. I thought I'd heard that San Francisco topped the nation but doing a quick search today proved me wrong. It's still pretty darn pricey here and if you don't believe me, check this out!

The other pics are from various points along the way--see all the people? I'm only showing some of the mild pics. I will tell you that my 4, almost 5 year, was baffled by one of the nudies. . . .his only comment was "hey, that guy isn't wearing any shoes!" Dh and I chuckled since that wasn't the only thing he wasn't wearing! Fortunately, we were pretty much in the back a lot so I didn't scar my kids forever :-)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. its 3.81 in MIchigan. I always wanted to do Bay to Breakers but wish it were in the fall. Did you costume? Post of foto of the t shirt-they are highly prized fro what I hear. Do they still put on the Big Sur marathon? Man, most gorgeous from what I hear.

    Happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - looks like fun...you had more people in the walk than we do in our little town...by far! Gas here in the mid-west is 3.38 but looking to go up for the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya sistah on that gas...seriously, I need one of those french fry oil cars. I saw $4 at a gas station yesterday!! Ridiculous. (and sad)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin