Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Birthday Ensemble


My oldest went to a birthday party on Sunday for one of his classmates and I made this for him to give to her. She also got a couple other goodies but I'm finding that the decorated lunch tins are big hits in the elementary girl crowd :-) So, I decorated the lunch tin and journal, made a beaded pen, and then a matching card for her and she (and her mom) were thrilled and think I'm soooooooooo crafty. I'm almost embarassed to tell them that it's really not that hard and if I can do it, almost anyone can.

The patterned papers are the Loves Me Designer Series double sided paper that was in the Stampin' Up! Winter Mini catalog. I love this paper and I love these colors!!!!! I also used the Flirty Ribbon from the same catalog. I'm sad that these are no longer available but am totally loving all the new things that are out there. I used one of my giant primas on the lunch tin as well. My LSS is having a buy one get one free sale on Primas and I decided to give the giant flowers a try. The journal is from Bare Books--I got a bunch of these awhile ago and they're great to stamp on and personalise when I need a quick gift for someone. I used a little more of the Loves me paper to make a beaded pen and then finished it off with a birthday card. All colors used coordinate with the paper (Regal Rose, Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Close to Cocoa) and the stamps sets used with Doodle This and Eat Cake. Easy Peasy and totally fun!

I'm going to attempt to get some stamping done this evening but we'll see how that goes. One more work day for me and then I'm taking Friday off. We're going down to LA for the weekend to participate in the Revlon Run/Walk and then have Sunday/Mother's Day Brunch at the House of Blues :-)

Thanks for coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin