Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bittersweet Wedding


So, a couple of my teachers got engaged over the holiday break and I wanted to make them a card to congratulate them. They're both planning their weddings for later in the summer and I'm amazed at how they're going to pull it off so quickly!


This card gave me a chance to play with some new goodies. I got my PTI order and had to break open the new Raspberry Fizz cardstock--isn't it gorgeous? This is a color I think I'll be reaching for a lot! I also used SU Shimmery White and the patterned paper comes from my new BasicGrey 6x6 Bittersweet pad--yummy paper! The image is from amuse and is stamped on the Shimmery White with Versafine Onyx Black. I highlighted the bride's dress with a teeny bit of a Copic Marker and Doodlebug Sugar Coating Glitter--mine is the variety pack but I think the color is called Lily White. This image is cut out with my Labels One Nesties and mounted on a piece of patterned paper that was cut and embossed. The ribbon is from SU-I think it's the Theater Ribbon Originals pack and then I finished it off with three pink self-adhesive pearls. There you have it!

Speaking of amuse, anyone have any tips or pointers on using those teeny images? I love this image and think it's really sweet but just wonder if it gets a little lost on this card. When I look at this card, the image fits perfectly. Does this mean that I've got to start using my amuse images on notecards or cards that are sized smaller than an A2?

Finally, don't forget that I've still got blog candy up for grabs. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin