Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

2 Challenges, 1 Card

I love 3 day weekends! It feels like Sunday to me. This is a very exciting week with the Martin Luther King Jr Holiday today and the Inauguration tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers that our assembly will go well in the afternoon and the kids will be able to see the inauguration--it would be much better to be able to get a live feed at school but no local TV access and the stern warning to not stream it since if we all did Districtwide, it would crash the server, makes it hard to do.

Anyway, on to the card I made :-) When I saw that Lori Craig was this
week's Featured Stamper at SCS, I was determined to play along. Lori's work is awesome!!! I picked this card to CASE. Since I still had my BasicGrey Granola pad out, I also decided to do last Tuesday's Color Challenge as well. So, I kept the same layout that Lori did but swapped out the colors and stamps used. Instead of a little rope of hemp in the corner of the focal piece, I popped mine up on top of a few flowers. Cardstock used was Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, and Kraft. The image from Pocket Silhouettes is stamped in NQN on the Kraft and cut and embossed with my Labels Two Nestability. Buttons and flowers are from Making Memories Poolside Buttons and Blossoms box and the ribbon is Kraft Taffeta. I sprayed the whole card and the Kraft piece with Copper Glimmer Mist and dried it with a heat gun. Finally, I covered the Kraft piece with Ranger's Crackle Accents (Lori used the Cracked Glass technique on hers). This piece is attached to the card front with dimensionals. I also decorated the inside of the card as well. I love doing this to use up my little snippets of DP but dang, my cards are getting heavy since they have so many layers now :-)

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. =) NEAT card, Kathy!! Love the papers and that image. I don't know HOW you got ribbon through the holes of buttons, but congrats! It looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin