Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Dino Birthday


I love, love, love this Dino set from My Favorite Things. Now, personally, I'm not a huge dino buff but my oldest son has always been enamored of dinosaurs. When he went through his imaginary friend phase, his was a dinosaur :-) I'm always on the lookout for dino sets and knew I'd get lots of use from this set when I spotted it. It's great for boy birthday cards and I've used it several times already. I'm pretty bad at using sets more than once--gasp--that's why I have too darn many stamps.

The card base is Summer Sun and the bottom layer is Elegant Eggplant. The focal image is stamped onto Whisper White with Brilliance Graphite Black and then colored in with various Copic markers. I don't have a colorless blender pen but discovered that my Cool Grey works at taking some of the color away when I use too much. I'm still working on how exactly to use these but I love the colors and love that no matter how much ink I use, I I don't get the paper wet and it doesn't pill. After I colored it in and played around with it a little, I matted it on Certainly Celery and Old Olive. I punched a small hole in the side of the card to put some Celery Grosgrain ribbon through and then attached it with an Old Olive eyelet. Then I attached the focal image with dimensionals. I stamped the Happy Birthday with Versamagic Cloud White and voila--done! Sign the card, stick it and the gift in a bag, and we were party bound!

It's been a busy weekend and I'm glad that this will be a short work week. Just think, if I wasn't doing summer school, I'd be on vacation now!

Have a great day and thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kathat...this card is so cute and perfect for a little boy! BTW,aren't kids "something-else" when they go through those "stages":)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin