Pages

Monday, April 9, 2007

Hip Hip Hooray!


I made this card for my son for his 8th birthday. When this set came out, I knew that I had to get it just for the beaver. His last name is hyphenated and the last part is "Beavers" :-) This card is totally inspired and CASE'd from Kendra/apigonfire at SCS. You can see the original here.

The card base is Green Galore and the layout is one that I got as a sketch challenge at Splitcoaststampers. I really like this layout and may have to start trying the sketch challenges more often to get out of my comfort zone since I tend to stick to the same layouts time and time again. Other colors used are Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac, Only Orange, and Whisper White. I stamped the racoon and beaver onto the Whisper White with Versafine Black Onyx ink. I used markers to ink up the balloons and party hat and then stamped them as well. The little guys are colored in with markers. I wasn't quite happy and thought they might need some grass to stand on so I stippled Green Galore under their feet. The top part was too white and stark so I stamped the little confetti images with Tempting Turquoise on the top part. The Lovely Lilac layer has images stamped on it in Lovely Lilac as well. Orange eylets on the side finish it up.

I really, really love this set and I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out. It definitely will be seeing more ink in the future.

Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...they are so cute!
    Hate when I see something super cute, then I think I need that stamp! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin