Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Polka Dots and Paisley


I really like the Polka Dots & Posies set that Stampin' Up sent to all demonstrators. This card uses the free set and the Rebecca Designer Series paper. I got this paper recently and I love, love, love it! I really don't use Sahara Sand that often but love it paired with the paper. For this card, I stamped the outline of the flower with Rose Red all over the top of the card. I then adhered the Rebecca paper to the bottom of the card. I used my Sahara Sand stamp pad and Rose Red marker to ink up the flower and then stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock. I made a small oopsie so I sponged some Sahara Sand ink on the image to try to make it blend it. I stamped the sentiment with Rose Red. I then matted this image on Sahara Sand and Rose Red. All layers have the corners punched with the tag corner punch. I popped this layer up on dimensionals and then ran some organdy ribbon and copper cord under it and tied it off in a knot. Then I decided it needed a little more so I used some Copper Stickles on the flowers. I really like how this one turned out.

I also got the Cuttlebug Flowers die and made my first giant clippie. This was super easy and I like how it turned out. Since I've started Cuttlebugging, I'm finding that I'm actually using my Xyron more. I use it to adhere patterned paper to light weight cardstock before running it through the bug. I'm saving coffee boxes, cereal boxes, graham cracker boxes, etc like crazy!

For those of you who use Stickles, do you have to cut the tip of the bottle off? I'm still relatively new to the world of Stickles and find that when I try to use it, it comes out really slow and it's just glue and no glitter. I've cut the tips off and it comes out REALLY quickly now! Is it supposed to be like this or do I have to be more patient with it at first?

Oh, and you need to go check out Cindy Keery's blog. She's got blog candy!!!! and it's a pretty cool give away. Also, if you're looking for a super cool watermark, she makes them for a reasonable fee.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I have almost every color of stickles. I do not cut the tops off, however I find that sometimes it is almost like a bit of glue has dried in it, causing a block. Or there us a clump of glitter pieces inside the bottle. KWIM? When that happens I just pound the bottle onto the table on its bottom (very hard over and over). If that doesnt work I try sticking a pin into it to 'move' the clog. As a last resort I have laid out a baby wipe and squeezed the bottle with all my might. It's almost like I am trying to squeeze a an apple out of something the size od a pea. LOL! Sometimes it works and then all of a sudden I get a huge SQUIRT and the chamber is freed. I don't know that this is the correct response to your Q, but one of the three has always worked for me =)
    Good luck

    Oh and btw, love the card, its DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting my link! Your cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin