Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Heartfelt Thanks

I haven't used my Heartfelt Thanks set in awhile and needed to make a thank you card for a friend who did a favor for me the other day. I love this set and really need to make an effort to pull it out more often.

The card base is Pretty in Pink and I stamped the Linen background stamp on it in Pretty in Pink. The flower is stamped in Pretty in Pink and Wild Wasabi on Naturals White and is overstamped with the same colors and then matted on Wild Wasabi. I stamped the other flowers in Pretty in Pink (some are stamped off) and overstamped in Pretty in Pink and Real Red. The small thanks from Everyday Flexible Phrases and heartfelt are both stamped in Real Red. The smaller flowers are cut out and crumpled then mounted on dimensionals. All flowers are highlighted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter applied using my Sakura Quickie Glue Pen. Finally, I added some ribbon tabs to the side of the focal image--I don't remember the exact color of the top one but I think it's Pale Pink. The other ones are Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon and Real Red Grosgrain (even though the color looks a little off).

I love the way this turned out and since we've been having gorgeous weather here in the Bay Area, a springy colored card works out well. I'm sure our weather will turn before I know it and I'll be pulling out the fall colors then.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I love all the 3D effects...what a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful Kathy, you did an amazing job on it!
    malieta:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty. I love the softness of the colour and the simplicity of layout. The glitter adds a really nice touch. I rarely pull out that set, but I sure do love it. It's a classic!

    I can't believe you still don't have a ton of fall colours out your way. I have snow on the ground and it's -15C ...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin