Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

I survived!

Yep, I completed Nike again :-) Yesterday, I walked 13.1 miles in the Nike Women's Marathon. My legs are a little sore today but it's not anywhere near as bad as it was last year when I did the full marathon. I feel so good that I'm wondering why on earth I'd even consider doing a full again. A half marathon is still plenty far! It was gorgeous in San Francisco yesterday and the hills on the route weren't *that* bad. I loved the scenery and am convinced that even though it's expensive up here, this is one of the most beautiful cities that I've ever seen.

I also got a little stampin in tonight, believe it or not. I really, really, really like the Batty for You stamp set and the Creepy Crawly paper from SU. The card is pretty self explanatory but here's the details. The card base is Pumpkin Pie and I used a layer of Creepy Crawly Double Sided paper on the bottom. I stamped the skull in Palette Hybrid Noir on Whisper White and then went over it with a Black Copic Spica Glitter pen for some sparkle. This is punched out with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch and then matted on Pumpkin Pie which is punched out with a 1 3/8 inch circle punch. This is layered on the reverse side of the Creepy Crawly paper which has been punched out with a scalloped circle punch. The ribbon is Basic Black grosgrain ribbon and the brads are from the retired Vintage Brad assortment.

This set is going to get a lot of use in the next few days because I'm making the "official" goody bags for my 8 yo's class plus I've got little goody bags for my younger 2 to pass out at their Halloween parties.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Love the card - might need to borrow the idea :o) Congrats on the marathon - I don't think I could ever do one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome, Kathy - you should be proud half/whole or part-you got out out there & Just Did It! *lol* Love your card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your walk!! I can't imagine doing the walk with *any* of the hills in SF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Kathy! That's awesome.

    Love the card, I love this stamp set, I also used it for my kiddie's Halloween events.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Halloween Card, very cute Kathy!
    malieta:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! and congrats on your marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, congrats on the marathon, would love to do one sometime!! And *super* card! I love Halloween cards!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin