Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rockin' Skull

Ok, I think you're going to be seeing a lot more of my Pink Paislee Vintage Pop set. I love all the images and they're so much fun!!!!!

We've got a birthday party to attend for the next 3 weekends, plus there's also a wedding to go to so I've got lots of *real* reasons to stamp these days. I made this card for a friend of ds who's turning 7 and he saw it, liked it, but then told me that his friend likes purple and I need to make him a purple card. So, this may be going to someone else. . .

Here's the deets: cardbase is Going Gray and other cardstock used is Basic Black, Real Red, & Neenah Solar White. Patterned paper is from the Rock Star Paper Pack by DCWV. Ribbon is from SU's Jersey Ribbon Originals. The little skull embellishment is some grungeboard that I painted with a silver acrylic paint dauber. Ink used is Memento Tuxedo Black and Brilliance Rocket Red. Other items used include stickles, copics, circle Nestabilities, and Ranger Glossy Accents.

and. . .I have a confession to make. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for the first time ever on this card! I tried to use markers to ink up the sentiment (which is from Verve Visual) but the markers just weren't working on the acrylic for me and I really wanted the little pop of red. I don't know what I waited for. The Stamp-a-ma-jig is pretty cool and I may have to break it out a little more. I always felt too lazy to do it but then again, when you see how much crap I pull out to make a card, what's one more tool?

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. i just recently broke down and bought a stamp a ma jig --- love it!! this card and the dino one are way cute!! I'm not often into skulls and the grunge look but this I could do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this skull and bones card Kathy, very very cool!!! I also love the dino card posted below and your coloring really rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin