Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Summer by the Sea



I got this set when it was 50% off awhile back and this is the 2nd time that I've used it. I had to make a birthday card for my boss and was in a watercoloring mood. I stamped the girl with Black Stazon on Watercolor paper and colored her in with my Watercolor Wonder crayons and an aquapainter. I tore the edges and then mounted this on a piece of Perfect Plum and then I tore those edges as well. The card base is Pale Plum and the sentiment is stamped with Perfect Plum Classic ink. I wrapped organdy ribbon around the card (don't know for sure what color it is but it's pale--I got it in a ribbon swap awhile back and never organized the colors) and then tied a small piece of gold cord in the ribbon. I mounted the focal piece over this and decided it still needed a little something so I accented the flowers and butterflies with Stickles. This didn't take a ton of time and I actually got 2 cards done last night but you'll have to wait till tomorrow for the other one :-)

This card got a lot of oooohhhhhs and aaaahhhhs today when I gave it to my boss. No one in my office could believe that I actually made it and really didn't believe me when I told them how simple it was. Needless to say, I felt rather proud of myself.

Thanks for visiting and don't be afraid to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin