Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Birthday Beauty and a Thank you card



Lilian sent me this super cute Tickled Pink card as a thanks for the blog candy. I love it and think it's so cute! I really like the Very Punny set and love this layout. I'm gonna CASE it and make up some cards so that I have a bunch on hand to send out or give out when I need them. It never fails that dh will ask me as we're walking out to something "hey, do you have a card?" and I have to scramble to make one :-)

The second card is one that I made because we've got 2 birthday parties to attend this weekend. My 4 year old was invited to one of his classmate's parties and our neighbor's daughter is also having a party. I've loved Birthday Beauty since it appeared in the catalog and got this set as a gift from my DDSS :-) This is my first time using it and while I like this card, I don't love it. I was not happy after I finished but looking at it in the morning makes me realize that it's actually ok. I used Marigold Morning as the base and stamped roses in Marigold Morning for the background. The Birthday Beauty is stamped on Whisper White with Basic Black. I colored her in with my blender pens and Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Marigold Morning, Cool Caribbean, and Regal Rose. She's matted on Cool Caribbean and Regal Rose. The saying is on a Cuttlebug die cut slider and the edges were rubbed against the Regal Rose inkpad. I attached it with Rose Grograin. The girl has Stickles on her crown, sash, and bottom edge of her dress. Since we're a multicultural family and many of our friends are also multicultural/racial--I use the Creamy Caramel a lot for coloring in people :-)

I'm going to attempt to get more stamping done tonight. I may redo the birthday card but I definitely want to decorate some lunch tins to put the presents in. Now, the key word is attempt. Dh and I barely made it up past the kids last night. I got all three of them in bed and came back downstairs and he was asleep on the couch. I did the dishes and woke him up and we decided we were too sleepy to try to stay up for the news so we went to bed. We're pathetic!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin