Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Graphic Sunflower

I had a little bit of time to play around with Friday's Free For All Challenge at SCS.  It's been raining a lot in the Bay Area and I'm so ready for Spring and the sun.  Friday's Free For All Challenge was to be inspired by the sun.

All supplies used are from a muse|studio.  I absolutely love yellow and orange together and sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers.  I inked up the sunflower from Graphic Sunflowers  with papaya and then rolled it in orange and stamped onto Sugar cardstock several times before reinking and stamping again.  I outlined the petals of the flower with a quickie glue pen and then sprinkled on some diamond glitter.  Smile is stamped with French Roast ink--what a yummy and rich brown color!  The rhinestones are clear twinkle stickers that were colored brown with a copic marker.  The corners were rounded and then the focal piece was matted on Orange cardstock that also has the corners rounded.  This piece is popped up on the Papaya card base with foam dots.  Finally, I rounded the bottom corners of the card base to finish it off.

I'm having so much fun playing with the items that came in my starter kit and just wish I'd have gotten the deluxe starter kit instead of the basic kit.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin