Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wisteria Tulips


I made this one for one of dh's coworkers. I hope that she finds comfort in it and knows that he's thinking about her and her family.

Sympathy cards are always really hard for me to make. I want them to be elegant but tasteful and not over the top. I think this one does the trick.

Cardstocks used were SU Soft Sky (retired) and Neenah Solar White. Patterned paper is from BasicGrey's Wisteria collection--this paper is simply beautiful and I didn't want to cover too much of it up. I stamped the tulips from PTI's Wishing You onto Neenah Solar White with Versamagic Purple Hydrangea, Aspen Mist, and Aloe Vera. The sentiment from the same set is stamped over one of the stems in PTI's True Black. I then cut and embossed it with one of the Labels One Nestabilities and attached it to the cardfront with Soft Sky striped grosgrain and dimensionals. I finished it off with three purple dewdrops and that's it.

Thanks for visiting and be sure to come by again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love the colors and the paper matches perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I love your beautiful card Kathy! The flowers are fab!
    Your monster card is super cute also!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin