Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cherry Buttons

Today's my first day back to work but I just wanted to share a little of what I did over my summer break. Fortunately, I got some card making done and was able to preschedule some blog posts since I know my free time is going to be much more limited now. This card is going to a really super sweet person who RAK'ed me recently.


I love, love, love PTI's Everyday Button Bits! I will be reaching for this set alot! I saved my last piece of the Cherry paper from BasicGrey's Lemonade collection just for this card :-)

Here are the deets: Cardstocks used are PTI New Leaf, Berry Sorbet, and Scarlet Jewel along with SU Naturals White. Patterned Paper comes from BasicGrey's Lemonade collection. Inks used are PTI New Leaf, True Black, and Scarlet Jewel. Buttons are PTI Berry Sorbet and ribbon is PTI New Leaf Top Notch Twill. After stamping the stem/leaves and sentiment on Naturals White, I cut and embossed it with a Labels Three Nestability and then mounted it on a piece of Scarlet Jewel which is also cut and embossed with anothe die from the set. The buttons are attached with mini glue dots and this piece is popped up on the cardfront with dimensionals.

I know that I already said that I love this set but one of the things I love the most is the sentiments in this set--I love the fonts used and think they're super cute when they're inked up in different colors. Since most of my PTI inks are the cubes and I have many different dewdrops (Memento, Versamagic, Brilliance) I see many multicolored sentiments coming in the future. I also love that I have an excuse to use more buttons on my cards!!!!! I love the PTI Vintage Buttons and think my dd does as well--she takes them from the little baggies and puts them in containers for me and does NOT want my help :-) Here's a little snippet of my buttons. I do admit that it bothers me that all of my jars don't match and I'm going to change the containers that have the colored lid and put those buttons into containers that match so that they're all pretty and coordinated for me to look at when I'm stamping. You can see a teeny bit of my messy area since I had just finished doing some marathon stamping before I snapped this pic.

Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

2 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin