Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Colorful Monsters


As soon as I finished this card, I had a JanTink moment and had to exclaim "YILM!" ( also known as yes, I love myself in JanTink speak). I think this is my favorite card that I have made in quite some time and wish the pic actually showed just how awesome it really is. This is going to one of my 7 yo's friends for his birthday. I hope he likes it :-)

Here are the details on the card. Cardstocks used are SU Bermuda Bay, Green Galore, and Neenah Solar White. Patterned Paper and brads are from BasicGrey's Lime Rickey collection. Stamps are from October Afternoon's Nite Lite clear set. Inks used are Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Sunflower Yellow, and Brilliance Lightning Black. Copics and Spica glitter pens were used to color in the monsters. The corners were rounded with my SU corner rounder and the holes on the green layer were punched with an EK Success Swiss Cheese border punch.

I stamped the monsters on the Neenah Solar White in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored them in with Copics. After matting it on the Green Galore layer and adding the brads, I fiddled with how I wanted it on the card front since if it was straight, it would be a little too long. I decided to angle it slightly and then added the brads and popped it up on dimensionals. It was still missing a little something so I stamped the arrow onto Neenah Solar White with Brilliance Sunflower Yellow and then stamped the word over it in Brilliance Lightning Black, cut it out, and popped it up on dimensionals as well.

When I was finished, I was bouncing with excitement since it turned out pretty stinking cute! My 7 yo keeps asking to look at it and I'm fairly certain he wants to keep it for himself instead of giving it to his friend.

Thanks for visiting and be sure to come by again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin