Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blue Monster


I really, really love these little monsters from October Afternoon! They are so much fun to color and with 2 boys, they're going to get a lot of use in this household.

This is another pretty simple and straightforward card but you know that's my style. Here are the deets: Cardstocks used are SU Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango (both retired) and Neenah Solar White. Patterned paper is from BasicGrey's Marrakech collection. Inks used were Memento Tuxedo Black and PTI Fresh Snow.

The little guy is stamped on Neenah Solar White with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored in with Copics and Spica Glitter pens. I went over his eyes and teeth with a white Souffle pen and in hindisght, I probably wouldn't have done it again since it didn't turn out exactly like I was thinking it would when I did it. He's cut out with one of the Nesties from the Labels Four set and mounted on another cut and embossed piece in Tangerine Tango. The sentiment from the same set is stamped on the bottom of the card in PTI Fresh Snow--love that white!

Since this is a kid card, I kept it fairly simple and didn't use too many embellishments since I know it probably won't be saved.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin