Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

Priceless Journal

This is something really simple I made for myself yesterday. I jumped on the scale for the first time in awhile and was embarrassed to see the numbers on there. I'm at an all-time high and it was definitely an eye opener. I started exercising again and plan to keep it up. One thing that helped me a few years ago when I worked super hard to lose the baby weight and then some from ds #1 was keeping track of my workouts and food intake. Now that I'm a stamper, I can't just use a plain notebook, can I? I like that the pages of this book are blank and unlined so I can add things to them as needed. My first inside page has some "before pics" of me, a journaling circle with the date, weight, and how I feel, and a positive affirmation for myself. I'm going to try to keep it positive and focus on what I can do and not how far out of shape I've let myself become. I used to be an athlete and was always very active but having a demanding job and 3 kids gets in the way of me taking care of myself. Right now, I'm feeling like that's a lame excuse to be fat and if I don't take care of myself, how can I take care of others?

The journal is pretty simple. I got of bunch of these books awhile ago at Bare Books. I've made myself a few other journals and have made quite a few teacher gifts and still have some available. It started out plain white and I rubbed and stippled some River Rock ink on the journal. Then I randomly stamped images from Priceless in Groovy Guava, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, River Rock, and Wild Wasabi on the front and back. I cut a couple rectangles out of River Rock with my new Nestabilities and stamped Priceless in Wild Wasabi. I overstamped it with the swirl in River Rock and added a few Groovy Guava flowers. I wanted this to be pretty simple and functional so I kept any other embellishments off of it.

I will say that I'm a little sore today and it's a good sore that I haven't felt in awhile. To keep myself honest, I'm going to give you all updates on Fridays about my workouts and any weight lost. If any of you are also working on losing weight and want to join me, let me know. I have about 30 pounds to lose to be ok and 40-50 to go to be in good shape again. One of my promises to myself is to not buy anything else stamping related until I've lost the first 10 pounds :-) Since I'm in pending right now, if I can do it by the end of the month I can spend money to get myself out of pending (or at least get some of my wish list items from the new SU catty).

Wish me luck and thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Cute journal...love the priceless set. Good luck to you on working out! I have baby fat to lose also. (my "baby" is 17! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is cut. Love it. Simply and elegant.

    Hugs
    Sister Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute journal, good luck. I am also on the weight loss journey, I started on the 2nd of January doing Weight Watchers & of course exercise, so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. A great simple gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal is adorable Kathy..I love it! The color combo is terrific and I need to visit the scales too....:(
    malieta:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this journal.. you did a great job!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! What a nice gift too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fab book!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin