Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

New Rubbah!

My 5 yo wasn't feeling well today so I took the day off of work to be with him. I think the daily swimming got him, especially since it's been much cooler in the morning--it was 63 when he got out of the pool yesterday morning. He was glassy eyed, runny nosed, and warm last night and still a little off this morning so we decided to stay in. He actually took a good nap today as did dd so I got a little stamping done. I got to use my new Stem Silhouettes from the upcoming Holiday Mini collection. . .yeah, I preordered even though I'm on the fence about continuing my SU demoship. I really do like this set and think I'll be using it more and more.

The card base is Basic Gray and there is a row of paper piercing along the side. I stamped one of the flowery images in Soft Sky on Soft Sky and adhered that to the front of the card. The focal image is stamped on Shimmery White with Purely Pomegranate and then I overstamped this with one of the other images in Soft Sky. I sponged the edged but was a little to heavy handed. Then I matted this on Purely Pomegranate and attached to the card. I stamped the sentiment on Soft Sky with Purely Pomegranate and then attached one of the Fire Circle rhinestone brads that I got from my DDSS to it and then edged it with Purely Pomegranate. This strip is mounted on dimensionals to the front of the card.

I really, really, really am in love with the new SU colors. I know I've said it before but they're gorgeous! I really don't miss last years In Colors at all and I'm loving Basic Gray as a new neutral. It's perfect for when Black is just too dark.

Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy,each card is more beautiful then the previous one! I can't wait to see your next post. When I place another order at the end of the month, I am going to get a pkg. of the "in colors". I hope your son feels better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.
    I also love the new gray, totally rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the simplicity of the layout and the colours you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...great minds really do think alike...I love it! Your card is beautiful. Hope your son is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin