Pages

Friday, June 22, 2007

Fabulous Summer Sun


Summer Sun was one of the first SU colors that I fell in love with. I vividly remember one of my first stamping experiences on my own. I stamped many, many images from Fresh Flowers and made cards with a Summer Sun, Cameo Coral, Whisper White combination. At that time, I didn't use a lot of embellishment but I was into paper tearing and Crystal Effects :-)

Fast forward a few years and I still love Summer Sun and Cameo Coral together. I don't use these colors that often but when I do, I wonder why I don't do it more.

I stamped the image from Let's Go for a Walk by MFT with Versamagic Midnight Black onto Whisper White and played with some of my new Copic markers. I'm buying them individually at this point and the smaller dogs are colored in with my Stampin Write markers. YES, there is a huge difference between Copics and the SU markers. I am by no means an artist nor do I have any art training but the Copics rock!!!!! I wish I had more money right now because the Dick Blick in Berkeley is having a customer appreciation/card holder sale this weekend that takes 25% off with my card instead of a mere 10% off. . .I'd buy way more Copics for 25% off if I had a couple extra hundred dollars. . .darn cash only methods I'm trying to live by! Anyway, I digress. . .the card base is Summer Sun. The strip in the middle is Elegant Eggplant and the circles are stamped with Brilliance Moonlight White--I love the soft shimmery sheen to this color. The main image is matted on Cameo Coral and I had to break out my Perfect Layers tool to get a perfect mat. I love, love, love my Perfect Layers and if I wasn't trying to stay neat and organized, I'd keep this out on my stamping area regularly. I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White with Versamagic Pink Grapefruit. I originally planned to punch this out with my Key Tag punch but when I pulled the punch out, it was a little too small so I rounded the corners, matted it on Cameo Coral and used my Perfect Layers on it and then rounded those corners as well. I attached a small snippet of black gingham ribbon to the sentiment and then put a small yellow prima flower on top of this with a drop of White Opal Liquid Pearls in the center of this.

Oops, I forgot to add that I colored over the circles on the dress with my Clear Stardust pen and in hindsight, the card really didn't need it but it's still cute anyway.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. What a great card. I never thought of putting SS and CC together...I'll have to try it...it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Colleen! These colors look awesome together!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin