Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Have a Whale of a Day


So, it's June 28th and we're expecting rain and drizzle in the Bay Area.  Can I please just get some summer?  We didn't have Spring since it rained virtually every day. We have had some pleasant weather but can it be consistent? Waaaaaaah!

Enough whining from me.  I'm on break so I should be happy, right?  I'm transitioning between jobs right now--I left my former school/district and will be working in the school/district very close to where I now live.  Exciting times!  Of course, we went by my new school yesterday and the kids saw that the start time is earlier than where they currently go so they informed me that they really need to go to the school where I work. . .While it was convenient in so many ways, it's actually better for them to not have me as their principal.  It's better for me to just be mommy to them.

Are you done listening to my chit chat?  You came for a card, right?  Today's card is made using supplies from the a|s Elegant Summer Spotlight and can be purchased in my a muse|studio store.  I adore these colors and images--perfect for summer!  Here are the deets--I stamped the leafy image, fish, and bubbles from Keep Swimmin' in lichen, sky, and bermuda on sugar cardstock  and then added some clear twinkle stickers over the bubbles.  The sentiment from the same set is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black near the bottom of the focal piece.  The little fish is also stamped on sugar cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored in with Copics, cut out, and mounted on 3D foam adhesive.  The focal piece is matted on sage cardstock.  The entire piece is popped up on 3D adhesive on a bermuda cardbase that has a strip of lichen cardstock added to it.  There you have it, easy, peasy, lemon squeezey!  This card is perfect for so many occasions and it happened to go to our neighbor's son for his birthday.

Thanks for vising and be sure to come back again soon.

Supplies used:
Stamps:  Keep Swimmin'
Paper:  Sugar, Bermuda, Lichen, Sage
Inks:  Bermuda, Lichen, Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copics, Clear Twinkle Stickers, 3D foam adhesive

Kathy

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin