Life has been hectic lately. I love the new job--my staff is awesome!!! I'm really blessed to have such high quality teachers on staff. They are so hard working and work together really well. It's amazing to walk around and pop into the classes and see just how much learning is going on. The kids are really engaged in their work and it's just such a great feeling. I can honestly and truly say that I feel comfortable with my own kids here and I would have no problem with them being in any classroom on campus.
It's convenient having the boys here and we all often carpool together with dh dropping us off or me taking him to BART and keeping the car here. Of course, even going together, we're generally not leaving work early so it's between 6:30 and 7 when we finally make it home. Add in checking to see that homework is done and dinner, baths, walking the dogs, etc and that just doesn't leave a whole lot of time for much stamping in the evenings and I'm really having WITHDRAWALS!!!! I say I'm going to stamp every night but when things wind down, I'm tired. Maybe tonight will be a little different.
On to other things. My blogging buddy, Colleen, tagged me and I love these so I'm definitely going to participate. Here are the rules:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
Here's my randomness
1. Like Colleen, my 2 front teeth are fake :-) I went face forward down a flight of stairs on Christmas day when I was 8 and broke the two front teeth. I had them capped and as an adult, my uncle who is a dentist redid them and I have porcelein veneers on them now.
2. I love to travel which is fortunate since dh does as well. Before the youngest kidlets were born, dh and I took off a lot for quick trips. We still try to get away as much as possible but since airfare is pricey for a family of 5, we do a lot of car trips.
3. I never thought I'd work in public education as long as I have, especially with little kids. When I first got into teaching, I only wanted to teach high school and I was only going to do it for 3-5 years and then go back and get my doctorate and become a college professor. Ironic that I'm an elementary principal given what I originally started out thinking I'd do.
4. I don't like geese. When I was little, we went fishing and as I was walking by the water, a bunch of geese attacked me. I remember standing there crying and my mom running and getting me away from them.
5. I love warm weather. My ideal place to live would be somewhere that was 65-85 year round. I don't ever want to live somewhere that has 4 seasons! I don't need snow and extreme cold or extreme heat either!
6. People often think I speak Spanish but I don't.
7. I switch back and forth between glasses and contacts. I want to look into getting LASIK soon.
Now I'm going to tag
Thanks for visiting!