Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Simple Grungy Card


The kids have a birthday party to attend every weekend so far and this is the card that I made for ds to give to his friend. I was inspired by a card that I'd seen in Cards Magazine but it went in a little bit of a different direction. There's very little stamping on this one but it did take a little bit of time.

The card base is Pumpkin Pie and the patterned paper is from BasicGrey's Archaic Collection. The focal image is sprayed with Crem de Chocolat Glimmer Mist and then dried with my heat tool since I'm impatient. I stamped the sentiment from SU's They Say it's Your Birthday which is soon to be retired with Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink. The brackets are grungeboard and are painted with a Terra Cota acrylic paint dabber and then lightly sponged with Black Soot Distress ink. All edges of the card and each piece of paper is also sponged with Black Soot Distress ink. There's a row of piercing below the sentiment but you can't see it in this picture. Voila--done! This card is really different from most cards I make but I really love this paper and just wanted to let it take center stage.

Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. ooh, this is fabulous! going to have to get that paper pad I love Earthy colors

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin